Senior Clinician Hand Therapist Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist, Allied Health, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Full and part time opportunities
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 9-12)
The Hand Therapy service is expanding! This is a rare opportunity to join our centre of Hand Therapy excellence at Counties Manukau District. If you are an experienced, client focussed and passionate Hand Therapist looking to join a dynamic, friendly team of physiotherapists and occupational therapists, this is the role for you!
This role is based at Manukau SuperClinic, a modern outpatient facility where hand therapists and hand surgeons work closely together. Your workload will cover a wide variety of hand and upper limb conditions. The majority of your caseload will be post-operative, acute and trauma related (both adult and paediatric). You will also have the opportunity to manage conditions such as congenital hand abnormalities, Dupuytren’s, nerve compressions and osteoarthritis.
As a senior clinician, you will hold a clinical leadership role in the service, assisting with teaching and mentoring, research and evaluation, quality and risk and addressing health equity.
This position provides a fantastic opportunity to practice in a specialised environment with direct access to other experienced, registered hand therapists to support you. Our team has a well-established tutorial and in-service programme which promotes continuous learning.
It is essential to hold New Zealand Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy registration and to have hand therapy skills in either an inpatient or outpatient setting. Completion of post graduate training in hand therapy (such as the Hand and Upper Limb programme run by the Auckland University of Technology) will be a strong advantage; however, we will welcome applications from therapists currently undertaking this training.
• Registered with the New Zealand Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Board and current Annual Practising Certificate
• Diploma of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, or Bachelor of Health Science (Occ Ther), or overseas equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience with 2-3 years experience in the area of speciality
• Associate membership or full member of New Zealand Association of Hand Therapists
• Full, clean driver’s licence
What's in it for you?
• A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• Fantastic culture and team environment
• Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
• Onsite professional development sessions
• Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on the Apply Now button.
To review the position description please click here. For more information please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CMH20229355
Applications Close: 10 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.