Occupational Therapist - (Permanent - Full-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Development opportunity for an experienced clinician
- Do you have an interest to work in Older People’s Health Rehabilitation?
- Work in a flexible manner to meet the needs of the wider service and facilitate patient safety and flow
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist with an interest in working in Older People’s Health / Rehabilitation. This is permanent, full-time position (40 hours/week) based at Auckland City Hospital. This role is within the speciality of Older People’s Health Rehabilitation/ Mana Awhi wards.
- Our occupational therapy service provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to our patients in various clinical specialities across the hospital
- Collaborate with patients and the multidisciplinary team providing specialist occupational therapy assessment and interventions, rehabilitation and discharge planning
- Work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality and effective services
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- NZ registration as an Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 2+ years proven work experience in a hospital environment as an OT
- Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Natalie Muthoo (Clinical Lead Occupational Therapy) on firstname.lastname@example.org
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
For more information on what we offer, please click here
If you flourish in a fast-paced, challenging environment where evidence-based practice, strengths in interdisciplinary practice, clinical reasoning, and decision making skills are highly valued – this may be the role for you!
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Tuesday, 4 October 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time). We expect interviews to take place during June 2022.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 1 $58,513 to Step 8 $ 85,204 (depending on experience)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15664 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.