Physiotherapist - New Graduate Opportunity (Permanent, Full-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Impressive graduate opportunity awaits you!
- Gain work exposure to a wide range of acute inpatient and outpatient settings
- Supportive, friendly multidisciplinary team with great on-boarding and support
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are currently inviting expressions of interest from New Graduate Physiotherapists who are seeking opportunities to work at Te Whatu Ora – Te Toka Tumai Auckland for Core 1 rotation positions. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in a fast paced, fun and supportive learning environment.
- Gain exposure to a wide range of opportunities to further develop your undergraduate skills and competencies in physiotherapy assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning
- Work alongside your wider allied health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model within a multidisciplinary team to deliver high quality, effective services for our population
- Core 1 rotations within Auckland City Hospital and Greenlane Clinical Centre are six months long and offer opportunities in various areas including:
- Acute Medical
- Older Adults Rehabilitation
- General Surgery
- Musculoskeletal Outpatients
- Cardiorespiratory Outpatients
- Pelvic Health
- Respiratory medicine
- Acute Neuro and Stroke rehabilitation- Integrated stroke unit
Working at Te Toka Tumai Auckland will ensure a great start to your physiotherapy career. If you like an outdoor lifestyle and cosmopolitan living, this is the place for you. With close access to parks, beaches and award-winning restaurants when working for Te Toka Tumai - Auckland you can have it all!
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
What we are looking for in ideal candidates:
- Demonstrated understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of Physiotherapy and its application in practice
- Flexibility and a willingness to work across our different areas to meet service need
- Evidence of being a good team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
For more information about this role please contact Hannah Zuhir (Clinical Lead Physiotherapy – Clinical Support) on HannahZ@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
- Opportunity to join the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand
- On-going professional development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- Excellent support from senior practitioners in all areas of practice
- Peer review and formal supervision
- Development and career growth opportunities
- A fun and supportive team!
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Tuesday, 4 October 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15695 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Applications from both recent graduates and those graduating in 2022 will be considered.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary: Step 1 $58,513
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.