Pou Tiaki | Te Tohu Rautaki Angitu Māori at Statistics NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and well being. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
- State of the art, brand new 6-star green building in Wellington
Te tūnga | The role
This role is permanent and based in Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Māori Partnerships and Engagement, your focus is in delivering high quality relationship and programme management services to support the ongoing health of Stats NZ's Mana Ōrite relationship with the Data Iwi Leaders Group (Data ILG) and broader iwi, hapū and Māori rōpū.
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills will enable the successful delivery of our strategic priorities today and into the future. This includes supporting and navigating the evolving Mana Ōrite Relationship Agreement.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to hear about any of the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- About your knowledge and experience, and ability to apply Te Tiriti o Waitangi into to your work.
- Examples where you've worked with Māori, iwi, hapū and Tiriti partners
- Demonstration of mātauranga Māori, fluency in te reo, understanding of tikanga and tikanga and te ao Māori.
- Experience in a similar role that included delivering complex programmes in government and advanced organisation skills.
- Experience demonstrating highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of the machinery of government and related processes and procedures
- Your writing and presentation skills.
- How you've demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in or outside of work.
- Examples of strong relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Where you've demonstrated leadership, e.g., led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Where you've shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, learned and applied or shared your learnings.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistics to support the decisions of Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning.
Please reach out to Mel North firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a kōrero before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes October 4 2022 at 11:55pm (depending on application numbers this date may change). Please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
We encourage you to go to our careers site to learn more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Background and various pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Make sure to watch this video to find out more on Stats NZ
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||2022 08 23 Pou Tiaki PD (Final) (1).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.