Business Intelligence Developer - Data Engineer at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- We are currently recruiting an experienced Business Intelligence Developer / Data Engineer. As a member of the Data Engineering team with experience in the field of Business Intelligence and Data Engineering, your 'love for data,' experience of data delivery lifecycles through Data Engineering and Data Warehousing practices will make you an asset to our Data Engineering Team.
- Permanent full-time opportunity based in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
- Annual salary of $104,859 plus five weeks annual leave, Kiwisaver and a suite of insurance benefits.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighborhoods that will build Aotearoa's future.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ngā mahi - What' you'll do
In your role as a Business Intelligence Developer, you'll be responsible for helping deliver timely and accurate Business Intelligence solutions that meet the requirements of the business stakeholders. This includes full data engineering development lifecycle activities including analysis, design, build, test and deployment of Business Intelligence solutions.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you'll need
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience as a Business Intelligence Developer, BI Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools/languages, preferably Oracle databases, ODI, OBIEE
- Proven SQL skills
- Experience in providing data warehousing solutions through ETL/ELT
- Understanding of traditional data warehouse concepts, design, methodologies, architecture and infrastructure
- Some knowledge on emerging data warehousing trends and technologies
- Experience of translating technical specifications and design into efficient code by following best practice coding standards
- Understanding the end-to-end data delivery lifecycle to fulfil reporting and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Rental home industry, management of assets, state sector and state provided homes would be beneficial
Ngā haepapa - What you'll be responsible for
- Participate in designing, building, and deploying data engineering focused Business Intelligence solutions
- Create, optimise and maintain data structures, processes and code
- Maintain and support data engineering software, platforms and processes
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Perform peer reviews of code, concepts and solutions
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
Ngā rōpū whaihua - Who you'll work with
- Data Engineering Team
- Business Intelligence Specialists
- Business Intelligence Team Leaders
- Business Intelligence Team
- Project Managers and Business Subject Matter experts
- Information Data Governance Team
- Kainga Ora staff
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments, and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz.
You are expected to write a covering letter that explains how the experience on your CV applies to this role. Examples from your working history will be beneficial to your application. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday, 05 October 2022.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.