Healthcare Assistant - Ellesmere Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Ellesmere
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 0.8FTE part-time Healthcare Assistant position available at Ellesmere Hospital
- Experience within a health or customer service setting is preferred but not essential
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts at short notice, including weekends
The Team: What we do
Ellesmere Hospital is a 10 bed community hospital which provides a comprehensive range of health services, including general practitioner referrals for short term care, aged residential care (including respite) and palliative and end of life care.
The Role: Where you fit in
This role will vary from day to day depending on the health care needs of our patients but ultimately you will be there to work in collaboration with the nursing team to support the smooth running of the hospital. You will be part of a friendly, outgoing team assisting with patient cares and meal preparation and ensuring the work environment is tidy, safe and hazard free.
You will have the following skills to be successful in this role:
- Be punctual and reliable
- Have a kind and caring nature
- Be patient and have good listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people from all walks of life
- Fantastic organisation skills and an ability to learn quickly
- A strong work ethic is an integral part of this role. You will work in a challenging and busy environment so your ability to multi task and use your initiative will be key to being successful.
- Support in completing a 15 week NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Caregiving) Level 2 along with other in-house training modules
The position we have available is a 0.8FTE part-time permanent (32hours a week) position.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The Future of the Healthcare Industry!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.