Employment Relations Manager at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Lead our strategic ER function and uplift ER capability across the organisation
- Manage union relationships and lead bargaining
- Flexible working model - WFH/office, part-time hours considered
- Wellington location but will consider remote working
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Leading our Employment Relations Centre of Excellence you will contribute to the People Group strategy by developing and managing our ER strategy and building ER capability across the organisation.
Collaboration is key in this role. As our ER Manager you will foster positive relationships between Waka Kotahi, its people and our unions through transparent practices that are compliant with relevant laws and consistent with our values and vision.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- The ability to operate at a strategic level and the willingness to roll up your sleeves on the tactical side
- Demonstrated knowledge of NZ employment law and practices
- Strong and proven experience working collaboratively with bargaining and working with unions
- A pragmatic and solutions focused approach
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with people at all levels build strong relationships, influence outcomes and gain respect as a trusted adviser
- Ability to look for ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrate high integrity at all times, coupled with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Positive can-do attitude with a high level of energy and strong work ethic
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness, to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness, to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Pūmanawa Tāngata, the People Group, is responsible for developing and managing people related systems, processes and practices so we have the workplace and capabilities we need to succeed now and in the future.
Pūmanawa Tāngata develops the people strategy with emphasis on talent, diversity, culture and leadership capabilities, and develops, lifts and manages people related systems, processes and practices.
We offer competitive remuneration, a commitment to flexibility of working patterns to suit your lifestyle, a culture that values personal and professional development and the opportunity to work in a business that is making a difference to climate change and road safety in Aotearoa.
View the Position Description
Rā Katinga | Applications close: 5 October 2022
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.