Clinical Charge Nurse,CED-Starship Child Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Clinical Charge Nurse- Children’s Emergency Department (CED), Starship Child Health
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Permanent (0.9FTE) and fixed term (0.9FTE) vacancies
- Senior Nursing Leadership Opportunity
- Lead and drive service outcomes, innovation, continuous improvement and quality
Come be part of our Team!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Te Toka Tumai |Auckland DHB and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Te Toka Tumai |Auckland DHB is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
The Children’s Emergency Department specialises in meeting the needs of acutely ill or injured children and young people ranging from birth to 15 years of age. Our team works within a multidisciplinary framework including Hospital Play Specialists, Social Workers, Māori & Pacific Island support workers and clerical staff who of course work closely with the nursing and medical teams.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Permanent (0.9FTE) and fixed term (0.9FTE) positions are available for highly motivated nurse to work as Clinical Charge Nurses.
The purpose of this position is to provide clinical expertise and leadership for the CED team. This position manage the day to day requirements of the Children’s Emergency Department, ensuring that the service contributes to a better patient experience and health outcomes and is in line with organisational requirements.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role you will
- Have NZ Nursing Council registration with a current Annual Practising Licence
- Have expert clinical practice
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience post registration in relevant nursing specialty
- Have obtained the appropriate post-graduate qualification
- Be working towards completion of Masters Degree
- Have a strong commitment to leading professional development, quality care and whānau centred nursing
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Financial recognition of senior nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB15710 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.