Senior Advisor, Readiness - National Security and Emergency Management at New Zealand Customs Service, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The New Zealand Customs Service (Customs) protects and promotes New Zealand through world class border management.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Advisor to enhance Customs' operational readiness; principally through exercise coordination, development and conduct along with oversight of post-exercise evaluation and activity. The successful applicant will be based in Wellington.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role…
Customs operational activity seeks to target effort on risks and threats to the border whilst avoiding undue disruption to legitimate traders and travellers. With increased passenger and cargo volumes, as well as stakeholder expectations, Customs must be flexible, agile and constantly adapt to new technology and ways of working. Accordingly, proactive readiness planning and risk-focused training through exercising are essential for Customs to achieve its border protection obligations.
The position offers a number of exciting challenges and includes: enhancing the readiness, capabilities and performance of Customs' operations groups and front-line units; project managing internal and multi-agency exercises; and engagement and relationship building with domestic and overseas agencies.
Ko wai koe | About you…
As the successful applicant you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in organisational readiness activity in support of a complex operational agency.
- Demonstrated project management experience and proven success in coordinating exercises.
- Leadership skills and an ability to influence.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in problem solving and decision making in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to identify and manage risks at a strategic and operational level.
- A team player who is able to act independently with minimal supervision.
- A proven track record of building and sustaining a range of strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- A tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent intellectual capability.
Me pēhea te whakauru | How to apply…
To meet eligibility criteria applicants are required to be New Zealand Permanent Residents or Citizens of New Zealand with the ability to obtain and maintain a "Top Secret" level security clearance. The successful applicant will also be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Please apply online. You will be asked questions around your interest in this role, skills and experience you could bring to this role, and demonstrating your suitability.
For further information about this role please view the position description attached.
Any questions or queries, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday 9th October 2022 at 5pm.
New Zealand Customs Service | Te Mana Ārai o Aotearoa is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand and is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Customs Service|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||(II&E PD) Senior Advisor Readiness & Exercise Coordination IIE Oct 2015.doc|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.