Senior Advisor - Communications (Project) at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Experienced external communications strategist needed for a 12-month fixed-term
- Bring your strong communications expertise, can-do work ethic, and relationship building skills
- Join a positive and supportive team, leading the communications as part of a project working on innovations in the building industry
- Auckland based. Rate $123,648 per annum.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Communication Advisor to play a critical role in leading the communications as part of a project team working on innovations in the building industry. This is a rare and exciting opportunity, and would suit someone who is a self-starter with bucket-loads of initiative and drive, and able to provide end-to-end communications.
You'll be part of a project team and tasked with developing and implementing a communications strategy, while also offering tactical support to the project. This role will work alongside other internal and external communications team members to provide high quality and timely communications.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Proven ability to provide strategic advice and lead communications planning to mitigate risks and optimise opportunities.
- Experience working on projects, with the initiative, confidence and diplomacy to build strong relationships and give considered communications advice.
- Relevant tertiary or communications qualification, and extensive communications experience, ideally within a complex organisation or in the government or public sectors
- Excellent people skills, with strengths in relationship management, and a naturally collaborative style.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave, and flexible working arrangements.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 11:55 pm on Wednesday, 5 October 2022.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.