Senior Business Intelligence Developer - Senior Data Engineer at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- We are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Developer. As a member of the Data Engineering team with experience in the field of Business Intelligence and Data Engineering, your 'love for data,' experience of data delivery lifecycles through Data Engineering and Data Warehousing practices will make you an asset to our Data Engineering Team.
- Permanent full-time opportunity based in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
- Annual salary of $123,648 plus five weeks annual leave, Kiwisaver and a suite of insurance benefits.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build Aotearoa's future.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ngā mahi - What' you'll do
As an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you'll be responsible for helping deliver timely and accurate Business Intelligence solutions that meet the requirements of the business stakeholders. This includes full data engineering development lifecycle activities including analysis, design, build, test and deployment of Business Intelligence solutions.
As a senior member of the team, you will have the ability to contribute to and influence service improvement projects. To be successful in this role you will need to bring experience of developing and enhancing business data models to meet customer needs whilst also having an eye on the quality of the data and outputs.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you'll need
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience as a Senior Business Intelligence Developer, Senior BI Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Extensive experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- In-depth understanding of traditional data warehouse concepts, design, methodologies, architecture and infrastructure
- Extensive experience working with Business Intelligence tools/languages, especially Oracle databases, ODI, OBIEE
- Advanced skills in ETL/ELT, SQL and dimensional modelling
- Extensive experience in providing data warehousing solutions through ETL/ELT
- Demonstrable experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse development through all phases of the project
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business, and the data representing the business processes
- Opportunity to support overnight processing of the data warehouse
- Additional skills that would be beneficial are experience in engineering big data solutions, working with GIS data, and/or developing/supporting embedded analytics/AI systems
- Experience identifying gaps, risks and future improvements in business process and systems
- Knowledge on emerging data warehousing trends and technologies
- Extensive experience of translating technical specifications and design into efficient code by following best practice coding standards
- Understanding the end-to-end data delivery lifecycle to fulfil reporting and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Rental home industry, management of assets, state sector and state provided homes would be beneficial
Ngā haepapa - What you'll be responsible for
- Designing, building, and deploying data engineering focused Business Intelligence solutions
- Design, create, optimise and maintain data structures, processes and code
- Maintain and support data engineering software, platforms and processes
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Perform peer reviews of code, concepts and solutions
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday, 05 October 2022.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.