Release Coordinator - Projects at NZ Police, Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 14,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Release Coordinator - Projects, it starts with you!
- Based at Royal NZ Police College, Porirua
- Salary from $87,401
- Police Employee
- Permanent, Full Time
- Nationally Advertised Vacancy
- JR 4229381
About the role
The purpose of the role of the Release Coordinator – Projects is to provide effective and efficient administration of the release process across a Project or Programme.
It is also to help the Release Manager Act as a gatekeeper and maintain quality standards for Projects through the release process to maintain the integrity of our production environment.
It is essential for this position to have pre-existing knowledge of technical release processes and ICT delivery at an enterprise level.
- Maintaining an overview of all Project Releases and facilitates action or escalates as required
- Books all resource required for the deployment
- Create the Project release changes to ensure changes are scheduled, approved and delivered with appropriate business approvals, technical support and documentation
- Plans schedules and controls release and deployment of Project releases, ensuring the correct components are released and minimising issues and defects which impact Production and business operations.
- Maintain effective communication with appropriate parties to ensure relevant information is cascaded
- Assists Release Manager with all tasks for the deployment of a release into a live environment
- Attend daily Agile Project stand ups to keep track of release time lines and gates.
- Checking Test exit reports and Deployment plans are peer reviewed and match the release information provided.
- In the Absence of the Release Manger will attend CAB on behalf of a Programme or Project release when required
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe.
Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police.
Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of testing methodologies, test environments and software development lifecycle
- Experience coordinating releases/deployment activities
- Strong understanding of Change Lead times and deployment plans
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to communicate effectively with developments teams and technical operations staff.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a united team
- Be self-motivated and have excellent organisational, research, and communication skills.
- Pay attention to detail and have the flexibility to cope with change.
- Demonstrates organisational and interpersonal skills and experience leading activities across multiple teams
- Analytical ability to identify technical risks and dependencies between individual work-streams and projects
- Strong self-management skills in being able to take the initiative on Project release management activities without assistance and to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain quality of work under strict timeframes
- Must be able to manage competing demands and high workload at times
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor.
For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time.
For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 5th October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Police & emergency services|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.