Team Analyst, Māori Enterprise Service (Tāmaki Makaura at Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaitātari | Team Analyst
Pakihi Māori | Māori Enterprise Service
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The opportunity
Based in our Tāmaki Makaurau Regional Office the key areas of focus are to provide:
- future-focused business planning and advice
- future-focused approach to business management
- practical management of business processes
You will do this by:
- providing practical management of regional business and investment planning, budgetary and financial management processes
- establishing and maintaining effective systems for reporting on the impacts of investments, and facilitation and brokerage across the rohe
- sourcing of business administration expertise
- Being the conduit for information into and out of regional offices as required
Ko wai koe | About you
We are looking for a Team Analyst who can contribute to the work of the team to help us lead the way in developing government operational policy and investment design in a whānau centered way. Reporting to the team leader, you will use be a conduit between communities and government agencies to help provide better outcome for Māori
To be successful you will have:
- Professional expertise in Business Administration or a supporting discipline
- Successful experience operating within a Public Service environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft packages especially outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated capability to understand the business cycles and requirements of a core government department including planning, reporting and accounting cycles
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Well-developed skills in:
- communication skills
- coordination and prioritisation
- planning and organising skills
- team working
- Comfort in operating in a tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te Reo Māori is of benefit
- A tertiary qualification in management or related discipline (or studying towards such a qualification)
About Te Puni Kōkiri
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency that works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa. The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We influence the work of others by bringing Māori voices to decision makers and we invest in innovative initiatives that build the capacity and readiness of whānau and Māori communities.
To achieve this, we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
He aha ka riro mai i a koe hei utu? What will you get in return?
A diverse and rewarding working environment full of passionate people focussed on discovering solutions that will assist in serving our communities. We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative.
We invest in our people, and you will be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential. We believe strongly in work/life balance and understand that your whānau is just as important as you. We are committed to your wellbeing and learning and development.
Applications close on Friday 07 October 2022 at 11:55pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||JD Analyst Māori Enterprise Service.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.