Electrical Workers Registration Board- Member at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
On behalf of the Minister for Building and Construction
On behalf of the Minister for Building and Construction, the Ministry is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a member of the Electrical Workers Registration Board.
The Electrical Workers Registration Board (The Board) is established under the Electricity Act 1992 (the Act). The Board promotes safety for all New Zealanders by ensuring the competence of electrical workers.
Specific skills required
At this time, the Minister of Building and Construction is seeking candidates for two roles with the following experience and expertise:
- Legal or disciplinary tribunal experience, with a connection to the profession
- Licensed Electrician and/or Registered Electrical Inspector
Additional skills, experience and attributes required
Ideally candidates will have some or all of the following:
- a licence in one or more classes of registration;
- a thorough knowledge of the Act, the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010 and the related New Zealand Standards and Codes of Practice;
- broad involvement or engagement across the electrical industry as a contractor and/or electrical worker;
- regulatory governance experience or experience of working in a regulatory environment.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Electrical Workers Registration Board requires at this particular time.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, including age, gender, ethnicity and geographic locations, to enable the Board to be high-performing.
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should enclose a copy of their CV and submit a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a member of the Board.
Please refer to the position description for more details.
Applications close on Friday, 14 October 2022.
For enquiries about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.