Senior People Partner at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- You will join a vibrant and well connected People Team
- Use your proven HR and employment relations experience to influence and make positive change
- Use your well-developed influencing skills to ensure people leaders are making effective decisions for the organisation
- Deliver a high level of service tailored to the needs of your customers
- Annual salary of $142,518 plus five weeks' annual leave and a suite of additional benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build for the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Senior People Partner will be a trusted partner and will offer strategic and operational advice to senior managers as well as challenging current thinking. You will provide fresh insight and information to ensure people make the best decisions. The role will also be instrumental in effectively developing strategies and plans to ensure our people are valued and trusted, where they feel they are cared for and that they work in jobs where they are able to take responsibility and deliver.
This role requires proven HR experience, particularly in employment relations. We are looking for someone that can hit the ground running and who are used to working at pace. You will at times be comfortable working in the grey and anticipating the needs of the business keeping people at the heart of all that you do.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- A tertiary qualification in an HR discipline and/or equivalent relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an HR Business Partnering role
- Excellent relationship building skills to get to know the business and also influence best outcomes
- Sound knowledge of good employment relations practice with the practical ability to apply it within a complex organisation
- Proven experience advising on complex issues and wide range of employment solutions preferably in a public/government sector as HR professional
- Ability to assess a situation based on HR best practice, knowledge of employment law, business needs and practical experience
- An ability to travel within NZ
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 8am Monday 3rd October 2022.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.