Principal Advisor Stakeholder Engagement at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Type: Permanent Hours: Full time
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Enterprise Partnerships
Salary: $108,555 - $146,868
- Exciting leadership role in the National Library
- Opportunity to develop advice and lead critical work giving effect to the strategic vision of the National Library and strengthening its role in the library and cultural sectors
We are seeking a Principal Advisor Stakeholder Engagement to join the Office of the National Librarian.
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
The Principal Advisor Stakeholder Engagement will use targeted stakeholder engagement strategies to best position and enhance the reputation of the Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa National Library and its functions across its stakeholders in support of its Strategic Directions to 2030.
As Principal Advisor Stakeholder Engagement you will:
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder engagement framework for Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa National Library aligned with business objectives and its communication and engagement strategy
- Lead relationship management and engagement with key stakeholders
- Provide strategic advice to the Te Pouhuaki National Librarian and Directors on stakeholder engagement
Have you got what it takes?
- You are passionate about the work of the National Library
- You have proven ability to communicate strong narratives that explain complex programmes of work in simple terms to a variety of stakeholders
- You are well-versed in stakeholder engagement frameworks, tools, and processes
- You have highly developed relationship skills with an ability to become a trusted advisor for key stakeholders
- You have a proven record in operating across the public and private sectors in a lead communications or stakeholder engagement role
If you thrive on cutting edge projects, a genuine challenge, and knowing that what you do, you do for the good of New Zealand, we would very much like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
- Oranga hapū, iwi and Māori is improved through an enduring, equitable and positive Māori-Crown partnership
If you believe you will be an asset to this role, please do not hesitate to apply now. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 2 October 2022
For more information please contact: Helen.Jamison@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here.
At the Department of Internal Affairs, the work we do makes New Zealand a better place for those born here, and those new New Zealanders who have chosen to call this country home.
Kaua e rangiruatia te hāpai o te hoe; e kore tō tātou waka e ū ki uta
Do not lift the paddle out of unison or our canoe will never reach the shore
Enterprise Partnerships cover a range of entities, functions or institutions. Today these currently include the National Library, Archives New Zealand, Ministerial Services, and the Gambling Commission. Each 'enterprise' has its own unique kaupapa, and through its 'partnership' with Te Tari Taiwhenua, will be supported to achieve their goals. The nature of each partnership will depend on the goals and needs of the entity.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.