Registrar, Emergency Medicine at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Start date January 2023
40 - 44.9 hours per week
- We are big enough to offer you a variety of specialisation and career pathways
- Yet small enough where individuals count and you can make a difference
We are seeking to appoint Registrars to our Emergency Department. The Emergency Department at Taranaki Base Hospital provides a 24/7 service with approximately 34,000 patient visits per year. The department is supported by medical and surgical specialties. Taranaki staffs one of the highest numbers of FACEMs in the country for outside of Auckland.
Taranaki Base Hospital is accredited by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine Paediatric Logbook for 24 months of EM Registrar training.
We can offer you:
- Excellent pass rate for ACEM exams
- POCUS training
- A group of highly motivated FACEM qualified teachers
- Direct involvement in care of critically unwell patients
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Patient assessment on presentation in relation to their triage status and review as indicated.
- Investigations relevant to the primary problem solving.
- Clinical procedures undertaken as directed by the SMO on duty e.g. orthopaedic reductions, suturing, IV insertion, central line placement, intubation.
- Maintenance of concise and accurate medical records including ACC documentation.
Protected training includes weekly General Hospital RMO Tutorial sessions, Clinical Grand Rounds and a weekly emergency department CME teaching programme that you are expected to attend. For ACEM trainees, there is a 2 hour weekly protected teaching session following the CME session and four hours trainee education weekly as required by ACEM. Click on this link to view information on the Emergency Department: TDHB - Emergency Department Base
Click here to view the run description.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Home » Taranaki, New Zealand
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation (2,200 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
If you are interested in this position, click on “Apply Online” from within this page.
For more information about these positions, please contact Kelly.Austin@tdhb.org.nz
Applications close Wednesday 12 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.