Clinical Dietitian - (Permanent, Part-Time) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Tautokohia te whānau e whai ana mõ te āhua noho hauora, ko ngā rangatira o āpõpõ te take.
Supporting whānau to follow a healthy lifestyle, tomorrow's rangatira are the reason
- Do you have an interest in working in a fast pace inpatient setting working within the
CVICU and across medical and surgical wards?
- Have you been looking for a position that offers on-going professional development and the chance to work in a supportive, friendly team?
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a fulfilling, permanent, part-time opportunity available for a New Zealand Registered Dietitian to join our dynamic, supportive and self-motivated Nutritional and Dietetics Service based at Auckland City Hospital. This role is part of the inpatient team of 19 dietitians and would see you working (24 hours/week), work-days must include Wednesday and Thursday, with roster weekends.
- Your role will involve working in partnership with an individual and their whānau to provide nutrition assessment and education
- Develop and progress your skills and knowledge in the comprehensive management of surgical and medical patients
- Proactively work with a complex caseload delivering high quality evidence based clinical care in a high paced environment
- Make positive contributions to patient care within our Nutrition and Dietetics team whilst ensuring a thorough clinical reasoning process
- Optimize patient experience by utilizing your excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Implement individual intervention and monitoring plans tailored for client needs
- Collaborate with team members and other work groups to achieve our service objectives
- Work on developing positive working relationships with our clients / patients, whānau / family
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand Registered Dietitian with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Ideally have at least two years post graduate experience preferably working within a surgical and/or medical environment
- An understanding of bicultural issues and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, flexibility, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Eirean Gamble (Clinical Lead) on firstname.lastname@example.org
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday 7 October at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time). We expect interviews to take place during the last two weeks of August 2022.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 1 $58,513 to Step 8 $85,204
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15659 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.