Senior Strategic Analyst - Climate Emergency Response at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 2-year fixed term or secondment opportunity
- Full Time, Wellington or Auckland
- Looking for Analyst role with more meaning? Come and work to help fight climate change right where it really matters
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity'
As our Senior Strategic Analyst, you will provide robust strategic analytics, insight and advice, as well as undertaking research and evaluation in order to support delivery of our Climate Emergency Response Fund (CERF) Programme.
As an expert in delivering in diverse and fast-paced programmes and workstreams, you will thrive in using data to help tell a story that transcends multiple audiences.
You will provide high quality, objective analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data and information, helping to shape programme activity, optimise delivery. .
You will be expected to identify areas where you can add value and support continuous improvement by working in an integrated and collaborative way with others in order to enhance the outcomes we are seeking from our CERF programme.
Ko koe tēnei | About you'
To be successful in this role you will have significant experience in enabling the transition of strategy into action in a public sector or complex organisation. In addition, you will bring:
- Significant and proven experience in transport, climate, environmental or business analysis (approximately 5+ years)
- A strong understanding of and experience with a wide variety of analytical techniques and tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including active listening, effective presentation skills and the ability to write professional reports to a high standard, ability to think broadly, identify opportunities and issues, make connections, and build capability
- Numerical and analytical skills, including experience analysing and interpreting complex data and translating it for different audiences
- Demonstrated capability to perform effectively as part of a wider programme management team
- Significant experience working in the public sector in a complex organisation and proven experience navigating the machinery of government and/or local government.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The Office of the Chief Executive is responsible for ensuring the Chief Executive, Executive Leadership Team and the Board receives high quality strategic advice and support on key organisational priorities.
The Climate Emergency Response Fund (CERF), using proceeds from the Emission Trading Scheme, has been established as an enduring, multi-year funding mechanism, to support Aotearoa New Zealand transition to a low-emissions and climate-resilient economy in a way that protects vulnerable communities.
The CERF will help fund the change needed to the transport system, alongside other funding sources, such as the National Land Transport Fund (NLTF) and local government sources.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply:
You will find a copy of the Position Description here
Please click 'Apply for this Job' to upload your CV and cover letter.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday, 09 October 2022
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.