Manager Application Support & Technical Operations at Reserve Bank of New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Manager, Application Support and Technical Operations
The Payment Services Directorate is responsible for operating key payment and settlement systems which enable the RBNZ to promote and maintain a sound an efficient financial system.
Te tūranga - The role
Reporting to the Director of Payment Services, the Manager Applications Support and Technical Operations is responsible for leading the ASTO team ensuring that the integrity of the technology and processing functionality underpinning the ESAS and NZClear business models are maintained at the highest level commensurate with the criticality of these platforms to New Zealand's financial system.
You will also be responsible for;
- Ensure that the IT technologies provided by 3rd parties are being procured and managed according to the RBNZ policies
- The management and development of the business structures, processes that underpin ESAS and NZClear and the provision of in-depth design of payments IT strategy and key initiatives that align with international payment and settlement standards and future developments.
- Lead the team to deliver mission and time critical Information Technology systems required to deliver services to the banking and securities industries and internal customers in line with strict contractual commitments and SLAs for availability and delivery.
- Establish and adhere to a sound risk management frameworks for Information Technology planning, management and control and determine practical risk mitigations/internal controls to manage risk gaps or control weaknesses.
Ō pūkenga - About you
You will have experience and supporting mission critical infrastructure systems and a manner about you that enables you to build and foster strong working relationship to influence change. You will also have:
- Proven people management and leadership skills, setting clear objectives, motivating and developing staff, and achieving goals through a high performing team.
- Detailed knowledge of key infrastructure/applications (e.g. SWIFT, ESAS, NZClear, CLS, Euroclear).
- The ability to articulate and successfully promote business proposals and concepts to senior business leaders and external stakeholders.
- An in-depth technical knowledge of all aspects of the system and its operation (servers, Solaris, Weblogic F5's, networking, messaging (SWIFT, SOAP,XML).
- Expertise in key areas of the interface operations (NZX, RI), messaging and SWIFT.SWIFT accreditation.
- Deep and broad understanding of the operationalisation of business and technology strategies.
Ngā painga - What we offer
We have a broad range of responsibilities and great opportunities to match people across all stages of careers. We encourage an inclusive and positive workplace culture. We support flexible working and work-life balance. Our benefits include additional leave options, a wellness package, working from home equipment subsidy, generous parental leave provisions, learning and development opportunities, and access to numerous social, networking and sporting activities.
It's a great time to join us. We're growing and evolving. We're reaching for new heights. Add your voice to impact change to improve lives and livelihoods. We're protecting our future. For future generations. That's fulfilling.
Ko wai matou - Who we are
We're kaitiaki (guardians) of New Zealand's financial ecosystem - enabling economic wellbeing and prosperity for all New Zealanders. We do all we can to support, a sustainable, productive and efficient economy built on integrity, innovation and inclusion. We're building diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our differences seed our innovation and help us deliver our best work - reflective of the needs of society. We welcome and value knowledge of Te Ao Māori, Te Tiriti and Tikanga.
So come join us if you're wanting that something more
Bring your talent, curiosity and expertise and we'll help you do the rest. You'll be part of one of the world's most trusted and respected central banks. We'll invest in you. And with you, we're investing in New Zealand.
We are New Zealand's central bank. The Reserve Bank of New Zealand - Te Pūtea Matua.
We're unreservedly for New Zealand. But we're not reserved.
To find out more please review the position description and for specific queries contact Steve Gordon on email@example.com or for Recruitment queries, contact Sara Butterfield on firstname.lastname@example.org
If this has helped you imagine a brighter future, apply online by Sunday 9 October 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Reserve Bank of New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.