Health & Safety Inspector at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
- Salary Band: $138,843 - $163,345 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience)
- Primary Location: Auckland City Hospital
- Work in our major infrastructure programme
- Ensure that all required H&S Legislation is adhered and champion best practice in H&S strategies (particular emphasis on health and Safety related to, in-ground works and mining).
- Help develop a culture where health & safety can thrive through promoting and driving continuous improvement in H&S
The results of your labour will ensure that we have a low rate of on-site incidents and all workers will go home every day.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
A typical day would include time on the construction sites, attendance at H&S toolbox meetings, office time and staff training.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- 10 years’ experience in Health & Safety as an advisor, co-ordinator, or manager role in construction industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mining operations (in-ground and mining experience essential)
- Rockfall and stability experience
- 5 years’ experience in a Safety Inspector role including investigations
- Experience working with Health & Safety Management Systems and tools in complex organisations
- A Health & Safety qualification is essential
- Supervisor Certificate
For more information about this role please contact Allan Johns email@example.com
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
To view details about our recruitment process, click here.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Belinda Peddie - Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ADHB15713 to discuss how we can best support your application.
If we receive a high number of applications for this position, we may have to close our advertising early. We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.