Prevention Investment Lead at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Pivotal lead role in supporting aspirations to reduce sexual violence in Aotearoa
- Join an organisation that will grow and support your career
- Utilise your analysis and economic expertise to drive meaningful change
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
Reducing the incidence and severity of injuries is a strategic priority for ACC and one of many ways we help to improve lives every day. ACC is increasing its investment to injury prevention and implementing an ambitious Injury Prevention Strategy.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as our Prevention Investment Lead. This is a newly created role responsible maintaining oversight of the prevention investment and policy requirements for Manini Tua (Theory of Change), with a particular focus on Healthy Consensual Relationships (HCR) / Oranga Whakapapa (OW) programme and provide analysis for future ACC investment into prevention.
This role will work across ACC and cross Government, provide recommendations to Value Streams Board and Board, linking into Policy, Strategy and Customer System.
Some of the important work you will be doing:
- Build prioritisation frameworks to enable ACC leaders and Joint Venture partners to determine which prevention initiatives are most likely to deliver the greatest outcomes for clients, providers and ACC.
- Provide guidance on opportunities to improve equity of access and outcomes for Māori and other diverse communities.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with other government and non-government sector representatives for the benefit of data gathering and insights production.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role:
- Significant experience as a Senior Policy Analyst or Economist or similar field within the New Zealand context.
- Knowledge of the health-care industry, New Zealand health system and working knowledge of international health systems.
- You have demonstrated experience in the design and development of prioritisation frameworks to support project priority setting and decision-making activities.
- Skilled technical writer, with experience drafting, proof reading, and editing high-level briefings, cabinet papers, and Ministerial correspondence to a high standard
- Well-developed understanding of business process analysis and service design, continuous improvement methodologies, process modelling, and business case development
- Experience in delivering monitoring frameworks for health related Te Tiriti O Waitangi obligations is an advantage.
- You have proven senior stakeholder engagement experience and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence outcomes collaboratively.
We offer an attractive salary $120k to $140k depending on experience, plus 9% super is on offer, along with an opportunity to grow and develop your career in one of New Zealand's leading government agencies.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga.
For a detailed position description click (position description PDF).
Applications will run through to 7th October 2022, with interviews being conducted the following week. Please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Please attach your cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit and what strengths you would bring to the role. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role, please email Nadine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.