Senior Advisor, Māori Enterprise Service, Hastings I Kaitohu Matua at Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development, Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaitohu Matua, Pakihi Māori - Senior Advisor, Māori Enterprise, Ikaroa-Rāwhiti
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency that works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The opportunity
We are seeking a Regional Senior Advisor, Māori Enterprise who will be based in our Hastings regional office and will report to the Manager, Māori Enterprise
The Regional Senior Advisor, Māori Enterprise are newly established and have been setup to support Māori Enterprises to be financially sustainable and successful across the motu. They will play a critical support role within our regional network.
The Regional Senior Advisor, Māori Enterprise will:
- Work closely with teams across the Operations Directorate to leverage opportunities for Māori businesses, including Whenua Māori and the Whānau Ora Teams
- Work closely with Senior and Principal Advisors within the Investments Directorate, to ensure access to all relevant investment, advice and support opportunities
- Work closely with teams in the Policy Puni that influence policies impacting Māori business, including Progressive Procurement Team and Economic Policy, and any other part of the business which may have a direct impact on Te Puni Kōkiri strategy to support Māori businesses.
The Pakihi Māori - Māori Enterprise Service Senior Advisor has the potential to explore innovative new approaches to Māori business support and facilitation and will look to support both new to business and existing businesses. The Regional Senior Advisor will work intensively with capable businesses with growth potential.
Ko wai koe | About you
To be successful you will have:
- At least two years Senior level experience
- An ability to identify, build and actively manage relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Comfort in working in a tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit.
- Excellent communication skills and strong critical reasoning
- Excellent communication skills - highly developed skills of persuasion and influence
- An understanding of government and public sector processes.
- The ability to identify and manage risks and issues.
- Demonstrated capability in providing high quality advice and recommendations.
- A willingness and ability to travel regularly across the designated Te Puni Kōkiri region
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A clean full motor vehicle driver's licence.
What will you get in return?
A diverse and rewarding working environment full of passionate people focussed on discovering solutions that will assist in serving our communities. We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative.
We invest in our people, and you will be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential. We believe strongly in work/life balance and understand that your whānau is just as important as you. We are committed to your wellbeing and learning and development.
The location of this role is to cover the Ikaroa-Rāwhiti rohe.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel the breadth of their regional rohe regularly.
Applications close on Friday 07 October 2022 at 11:55pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||JD Senior Advisor Maori Enterprise.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.