Allied Health - New Entrant to Specialist Practice at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough, Nelson Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand (Nelson Marlborough) formally NMDHB
(NESP) Rotational Post
Tenure: Fixed-term, full-time for 12 months
Location: Mental Health and Addictions, Nelson/Tasman teams
- Suitable for an enthusiastic new or recently graduated Occupational Therapist or Social Worker
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
In this role you will:
- have two 6 month rotations within our mental health and addictions teams. These could be with the community, inpatient, infant child and adolescent or addiction teams.
- receive comprehensive orientation, mentoring, supervision and support.
- take part in an in-service NESP programme alongside other new graduate Allied Health professionals and Nurses.
- be supported to study towards the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science (Mental Health and Addictions) via AUT. This is fully funded via Te Pou.
Secondary care Adult Mental Health Services, in the Nelson and Tasman region, are delivered by established multi-disciplinary teams based at Nelson Hospital and within the community. The teams work in close association with partner services to deliver a comprehensive clinical service to those affected by mental illness and addictions.
This is a 12-month, fixed-term, full-time position working 80 hours a fortnight. Your hours of work will be negotiable, but generally between 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
- be an enthusiastic and energetic recently graduated Social Worker or Occupational Therapist.
- have well-developed people skills, and a person-centred approach to practice.
- bring confidence, a good sense of humour and great networking skills.
- be a New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency.
You are required to provide proof that you have completed your primary course of NZ approved Covid-19 vaccinations.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Te Whatu Ora (Nelson Marlborough) is the main health provider for Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
You will enjoy being part of a part of a team with a 'one team, one dream' ethos. You will feel included, consulted and supported. We work hard, we do a fantastic job and we enjoy doing it. Most importantly we achieve more by doing it together!!
Nelson is one of New Zealand's top lifestyle destinations and offers an amazing variety of leisure pursuits, beaches, rivers and national parks with great opportunities for outdoor activities such as kayaking, mountain biking, tramping, skiing, golf, sailing, as well as abundant sunshine and outstanding scenery. For more information on the Nelson/Tasman region visit http://www.nelsonnz.com/
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact Rita VanIddekinge on Rita.VanIddekinge@nmdhb.govt.nz
Apply now, it's
easy. Please fill in our online application form and include a cover letter
explaining your interest in this position.
Applications close: Open
until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are
received, so we encourage you to apply early
Te Whatu Ora (Nelson Marlborough) strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.