Maternal Mental Health Clinician at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora ' Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Service: Specialist Maternal Mental Health
Contract: Permanent Part time 0.4 / 16 hours
Salary: APHST Step 8 grad to experience/ PSA/RONZ Step 5/ M H /comm Pub health nurse
Closing: 9th October 2022
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
This Maternal Mental Health clinician will work 16 hours a week in the Wairarapa area, working alongside other services involved with the care of women in the perinatal period, to support pregnant and postnatal women experiencing mental health issues.These other services include primary care services, the maternity care sector and community mental health and addiction services. Specialist perinatal mental health assessments, joint work, consult-liaison and training/education with these identified service providers will support the best outcomes for women and their families at this pivotal time.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
The Specialist Maternal Mental Health Team provides services for women who develop moderate to severe mental health issues during their pregnancy, and/or in the postnatal period.
Women experiencing a moderate to severe mood, anxiety or psychotic disorder, living in the greater Wellington region (Greater Wellington and Hutt Valley areas)
can access direct care. While in the Wairarapa, the role is a consultation / liaison position that provides information, advice and education to primary care and maternity referrers, as well as assessments and brief intervention for women experiencing mental health issues.
The position is supported by the Wellington based team, as well as being part of a Central North Island Regional perinatal network working with women in the perinatal period.
Moū ' About you
The position requires the applicant to:
- Be able to identify common acute presentations including mood disorder, trauma, adjustment and related issues.
- To complete comprehensive mental health assessments within the context of the perinatal period and
will have at least five years of mental health practice with a range of relevant experience.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with clients developing approaches that support and enhance the women's recovery from an acute deterioration in mental state.
- Work collaboratively alongside other health care teams and services in the community to support continuity of care for women; Primarily offering consult liaison and brief assessment.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, and the ability to communicate well in MDT environments and other service settings.
- Be able to manage time effectively through providing specialist assessment and advice as opposed to direct care wherever possible.
- The successful applicant is required to hold a driver's license as our work is mobile and includes home visiting.
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine, including have had one booster vaccination. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.