Development Manager - Auckland & Christchurch at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 1 year Fixed-Term Contract
- Auckland or Christchurch location
- $160,760 salary per annum + 5 weeks annual leave
Construction & Innovation - The Construction and Innovation Group supports Kāinga Ora to grow its public and supported housing portfolio through the design and development of high quality homes that meet the needs of the community now and in the future, and by driving innovation across the construction sector.
The Construction and Innovation Group also advises on standards for quality homes, provides planning and logistical support in the rehousing of tenants affected by construction and provides construction pipeline scheduling and reporting.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Development Manager, Construction and Innovation, will lead the team responsible for the development and delivery of programmes of work, project feasibility, business case development, key stakeholder and community engagement, contractor/consultant appointments and the ultimate delivery of housing.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Property Project Management, Engineering etc.
- Effective communication skills and ability to communicate within the team
- Significant relevant work experience (7 years +)
- Experience leading a delivery team, proven ability to lead, coach and mentor
- Significant experience in feasibility and financial project planning
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi
- Experience in working with Iwi and Māori organisations
- Managed, reviewed & coordinated the performance and outputs of project teams
- Knowledge with procurement processes
- Experience site visits and providing expert support and advice
- Prepared and presented business cases to senior leadership/Boards
- Understanding of the entire design and build process
- Knowledge of contracts under 3910, minor works, civil works and retrofit
- Up to date recognised Project Management certification, e.g. Prince2
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all external applicants, need to follow this process, internal people please apply via expressions of interest.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday 3 October 2022 at 11.55pm
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.