Kaihangarau Tauanga Me Ngā Raraunga | Statistical & Data Technician at Statistics NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand's national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO's and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind - mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
There are two roles available. These roles are permanent roles and based in Wellington. Part-time and full-time applications will be considered.
Your main focus is on data processing and data entry for our Business Prices Delivery team. Our team produce index statistics that measure changes in prices for goods and services and changes in wages (e.g. Producers Price Index, Labour Cost Index).
The role involves handling survey price data and entering the price movements into our systems. The work includes data entry, classifying, validating, processing, and checking the data and questioning results. The data comes to us in different shapes and forms, and at different dates and frequencies so time management, organisational skills and teamwork are crucial attributes to be successful in this role. Being able to work to deadlines is extremely important. Once finished, the processed data is then passed on to our data analysts to produce official statistics.
Another aspect of the role is the opportunity to innovate. We are looking to find new ways to work, be more efficient, automate and make process improvements.
Starting salary: $47,461 - $55,837 negotiable
Mōu | About you
- Great organisational skills. Ability to monitor and track progress of our surveys, keep track of responses and maintain and update records, databases, and contact details.
- Experience in checking, validating, and entering data into a database. Great attention to detail is necessary.
- Be able to plan and deliver your work to meet time and quality requirements, and deal with tight timeframes and multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain motivation performing manual, routine tasks and processes on a quarterly basis.
- Great communication skills and being able to express your ideas and views clearly as part of a team.
- Ability to form effective relationships with data suppliers, teammates, and others in the organisation.
- An open and fresh approach to your work with an inclusive and collaborative style.
- Driven, proactive personality and a positive attitude
- An innovative mindset and an understanding of the importance of continuous improvement to processes
- Practical experience with using data analysis and manipulation tools (R and/or Excel) or a willingness to learn would be a bonus but not essential
- Knowledge/familiarity or a commitment to learning/understanding Te Ao Māori, in order to understand and contribute meaningful work and outcomes for Māori communities.
You'll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- An environment that's safe, where you can be yourself
- Health and wellbeing support
- Opportunity to join various social, network and support groups (toastmasters, multi-cultural, social group)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, click apply and upload your CV and cover letter in the one document.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on October 7 2022 at 11:55pm . You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Statistical and Data Technician and Senior Technician Position Description August 2022 (1).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.