Administrator - Respiratory at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Administrator is responsible working to Te Whatu Ora standards for booking practices, with guidance from the Team Leader, Service Manager and Clinical Director/Triaging Clinician
Key responsibilities are:
- The accurate, efficient and effective management of the patients arriving and departing the outpatient clinic
- Booking of elective outpatient/inpatient admissions
- The accurate and timely management of administrative tasks including accurate date entry into our patient management system
- Observe all Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] safe work procedures and instructions
Experience and accuracy, as well as excellent
communication skills and attention to detail are essential for this role, along
with the ability to hit the ground running, to prioritise workload and good
If you are a team player, self-motivated and resourceful we would like to hear from you.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- Excellent customer service skills ' people focused
- Technically savvy ' quick at picking up new applications/systems
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to achieve accuracy and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised
- A team player
- Intermediate to advanced user in the Microsoft suite of products e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel
- Excellent keyboard skills
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated perceptiveness and a proactive approach in an administrator role.
- Broad administrative experience in a health-related field
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiarity with the public hospital system (including the patient management system)
- Awareness of people of differing cultural backgrounds
Mō mātou | About Us
From July this year, Canterbury District Health Board transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand. Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region.
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha
When you work at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, there could be a place for you! Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Te Whatu Ora ' Waitaha [Health NZ]
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please apply as soon as you can.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.