Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Exciting opportunity in our Hawera, Taranaki Site!
- 1 x permanent vacancy available
- Competitive salary ranging between $74,839.35 to $90,714.36, depending on experience
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In order to make positive changes in the lives of children and families in our community, we need people like you who have knowledge, experience and are passionate about the wellbeing of children. Join a team with big hearts and a passion for getting things right for its children, young people and community. You can be part of a positive and supportive team and help children and young people be safe, strong and thrive.
In this fast-paced role, you will work with other social services, agencies and providers to ensure the needs of the child or young person and their family are fully met. If you think you have what it takes, and are dedicated to achieving positive change for children, young people and their families in the community, then we want to hear from you.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing skills
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role close on Friday 14th October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.