Case Officer at New Zealand Transport Agency, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Great training, development, and a genuine opportunity to grow
- 12 months Fixed Term position.
- Palmerston North location.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Come and be part of a special organisation that is connecting Aotearoa in more ways than one!
As a Case Officer, you will play a key role in improving safety outcomes and reducing harm.
The purpose of this role is to support the Safer Vehicles, Provider Licensing team. Providing knowledge and expertise that contributes to being a firm and fair regulator, ensuring risk-based assessment and decision making on all application types, and associated tasks are processed in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
The Vehicle and Driver Licensing team are the gatekeepers for assessing safety and harm of entering vehicle and driver licence holders, course providers, and inspecting organisations into the land transport system. We audit, monitor, and exit any unsafe party from the land transport system.
We believe in Te Ao Māori - Whakapono (Integrity), Manaakitanga (Caring for people), Whanaungatanga (Relationships) and Kotahitanga (Unity).
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We would love to see a diverse range of background and experience, but a few things stand out to us that make a great Case Officer.
- Experience in a regulatory environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analyse and interpret information supplied by applicants and apply that information alongside policy rules and legislation to make appropriate and defensible decisions.
- Proven experience with making firm and fair decisions as a regulator.
- Recording documentation that supports the rationale of your decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
He aha ngā huanga mōku | What are the benefits for you?
- Great training right from day one!
- Supportive and experienced people leaders who really want to see you succeed.
- Growth - access to training, development, and a real opportunity to evolve with the business.
- 5 weeks annual leave + other great benefits
View position description
Ko wai mātou | About us
Waka Kotahi is the primary regulator responsible for managing land transport safety and one of the regulators responsible for managing harms (including economic and environmental) in the land transport system. Te Rōpu Waeture, the Regulatory Services Group, is accountable for delivering regulatory activities that help to ensure people, vehicles, and rail and commercial organisations meet the required standards to be safe and can access and use the transport system. We encourage you to explore our regulatory strategy Tu Ake, Tu Maia - Stand Up, Stand Firm to learn more about our path to becoming a responsive regulator for the real world.
JP00031 - JFG - Regulatory Services->JF - Vehicle and Driver Lic->Associate Case Officer - Compliance & Enforcement
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.