Kaitohutohu | Advisor at Statistics NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health, and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments (yes, you can work from home)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- Develop and grow your career through coaching, training, study support and secondments
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- State of the art, brand new accessible 6-star green building in Wellington designed for a variety of working styles and needs.
Te tūnga | The role
This role is permanent based in Wellington. Reporting to the Senior Manager in the Te Rārangi Awatea. You are part of Data System Leadership, a team focused on supporting and growing people's data capability of government to help deliver the Government Data Strategy and Roadmap.
In the Advisor role you support the delivery of the government-wide Analytics and Research in Government (ARG) internship and graduate programmes. Your focus is to help implement initiatives in a multi-year capability-building programme and engage with government agencies to understand problems and identify opportunities, provide advice, and facilitate connections between relevant partners and stakeholders.
Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management, and strong organisational and coordination skills are vital to succeed in this role. Relevant experience in learning and development or knowledge of machinery of government is highly desired.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- Examples of strong relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you've demonstrated leadership, e.g. lifted others up, led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views
- How you've demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- What you want to get out this role in your career journey
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to email@example.com to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to recruitment with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on Sunday, 2nd October 2022 at 11.55am (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand, and have a valid vaccine pass to apply for this job as per our current policy. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Note to RATA Advisor (make sure you add this video to the bottom of the advert)
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Advisor JD Sep22 FINAL.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.