Senior Investment Analyst at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Assess and evaluate the merits of funding proposals
- Use your analytical expertise to conduct research which informs critical decisions
- Central Wellington location
- $112,856 - $138,028 + Kiwisaver + Employee Wellness Benefit
We are seeking a commercially savvy professional to support our work in the Kānoa – Regional Economic Development & Investment Unit (REDIU). You will need to possess sound knowledge of markets or industries, and be across trends or events which could impact upon the performance of companies, investments and the funds under management. You will also draft and write reports, provide information to decision-makers and provide analytical expertise to articulate the risks and benefits for the investment recommendations you make.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience in investment management
- Strong numerical ability and quantitative skills
- Self-confidence, drive and tenacity with proven ability to work under pressure, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining key networks and constructive stakeholder relationships both internal and external to the organisation
- The ability to work at all levels of the organisation and gain the confidence of a diverse range of stakeholders
- A tertiary qualification preferably in business, finance, accounting, economics or related discipline
- The legal right to live and work in New Zealand
We are looking for a team player with great communication skills, coupled with an ability to deliver quality work. In return we offer a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to be part of a high performing team, playing its part in making a difference for regional New Zealand.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.