Rural Nurse Specialists | West Coast at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, South Westland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Locations: Karamea, Ngakawau, and South Westland
- Registered Nurse with current APC, ideally with a minimum of 5 years' experience in an RN role
- Ideally PRIME trained, or prepared to achieve PRIME competency, as this is a prerequisite to deliver care safely in our rural communities
- Passion for community nursing, flexibility and a desire to up-skill and extend your practice
- Full time, Part time and casual roles available
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role is full of variety and no day will be the same, you will be available to assist with any nursing needs across the community such as
- District & Public Health Nursing
- Practice, Emergency & Acute nursing
- Community Mental health including both adult and youth.
This is an excellent role for any skilled nurse that is looking to grow in their skills and knowledge while making a real difference to a community. You will be working within a diverse community with a range of ethnicities and background. We are ideally looking for someone with a background in practice, district or acute nursing as you will be required to be working at the top of your scope across these areas as an RNS in our team.
We are seeking RNS's who are looking for either full time, part time or casual work with the exact hours and location to be discussed. You have the opportunity to be based along the West Coast which is 70 kilometres wide and 800 kilometres long with a population of 32,000 people. We currently have positions available in Karamea, Ngakawau, and South Westland; please specify your preference in your cover letter.
Vacancy finer details:
- There are only casual vacancies in South Westland
- Permanent part time vacancies in Northern including 0.6 FTE Karamea, 0.4 FTE in Ngakawau and 0.8 FTE Roving RNS for Northern.
Ko wai koe | About You
- Ability to work self-directed but be able to access networks for assistance when needed.
- Interest in working at the top your RN scope of practice & ability to work at this advanced level
- Passion for variety and the
challenge that comes with this
Mō mātou ' About us
From July this year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one. We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people ' become part of our team.
Ngā hua ' Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei ' Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt ' Recruitment Specialist ' Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.