Psychologist - Acute & High Needs Team at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Psychologist, Mental Health & Addiction Adult Community, Rotorua
Te Whatu Ora Lakes
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a passionate team who places great value on putting people first, embedding Te Ao Māori in every-day practice, leading with kindness and achieving excellence together, - then this position as a Psychologist in our Adult Community Mental Health & Addictions Service in Rotorua may be the opportunity for you!
About the role
• We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Psychologist with an interest in and experience in working in a clinical setting, to join our multi-disciplinary team at the Adult Community Mental Health & Addiction Service (CMHAS) in Rotorua
• We are embedding our model of care Te Ara Tauwhirotanga: pathways that lead us to act with kindness. Te Ara Tauwhirotanga is the product of extensive co-design with over 400 participants from the Lakes DHB community, a model that clearly articulates what works for people in their recovery and healing journey. You can read more here: https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/our-services/mental-health/te-ara-tauwhirotanga/
• Full-time, permanent
• 1.0 FTE, 40-hours /week, Monday to Friday
You should have
• registration, or be eligible for registration, with a NZ professional body, hold a current full clean NZ drivers licence, and meet requirements for the children’s worker safety checks.
• an ability to connect and build trusting relationships with a wide range of people from the community. It is preferred that the successful candidate has strong assessment and therapeutic intervention skills.
• Ability to work efficiently both independently and with other clinicians in our skilled multi-disciplinary team.
• Full registration with the New Zealand Psychologists Board
• Masters Degree (Clinical Psychology) and Post-Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (or equivalent).
$ 77,748 to $108,058 pro-rated to hours worked.
Working hard and getting ahead is important to us Kiwis. We’re a well-developed, well connected country with all sorts of opportunities to advance your career. But Kiwis also believe life is for living. It’s about balancing a good day’s work with time for family and friends plus all the recreation and wide open spaces our country offers.
If this sounds like you, apply online now via https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/. The selection process starts from the date of advertising.
To be eligible to work at Te Whatu Ora Lakes, you must be fully vaccinated, including COVID-19.
Click here for Collective Agreement (if applicable)
Click here for Position Description
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of just over 118,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. Te Whatu Ora Lakes community mental health teams serve a population area that covers 9,570 square kilometres. It stretches from Mourea in the north to Mangakino in the west, down to Turangi in the south and across to Kaingaroa village in the east. The major centres of population are Rotorua and Taupō where the two hospitals are based. The Whatu Ora Lakes’ boundaries take in the two main iwi groups of Te Arawa (Northern Lakes) and Ngāti Tuwharetoa (Southern Lakes). Southern Lakes includes Taupō, Turangi, Mangakino and surrounds.
The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.