Emergency & Fire Response Planner at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Emergency and Fire Response Planner
Permanent, 32 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a Emergency and Fire Response Planner and join our passionate and multi-disciplinary team at Clinical Quality Governance Risk & Compliance Directorate, Te Whatu Ora Lakes
About the role
The purpose of this role is To support the Emergency Management Coordinator with the development, review and maintenance of emergency response and business continuity plans, and relating processes for responding to emergencies and fires at Rotorua and Taupo Hospitals, and community sites.
• To work with staff at all levels of Te Whatu Ora Lakes to build preparedness and response capability within hospital and provider services.
• To develop and deliver training programmes for staff that educate and practice/exercise the fire and emergency plans and processes.
• This position is a permanent part-time 0.8 FTE role (32 hours Monday to Friday work week) and the office is located within the Rotorua Hospital campus.
You should have
• Experience and Knowledge in both Emergency Management and Fire response planning (preferably for hospitals &/or large organisations)
• Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Programmes
• Proven ability to plan, develop and maintain systems, processes and documents
• Willingness to learn and be challenged in terms of emergency management response (Coordinated Incident Management—CIMS and Fire response
• Some experience knowledge of project planning
• Understanding of the importance of Te Tiriti and equity for Maori
• Experience and/or knowledge of the New Zealand Health System/hospital systems
You would be
• Prepared to be involved with emergency responses when required
• Aware of and have some experience with Te Reo Maori
• Approachable and socially aware.
$66,000 to $ 72,000 pro-rated to hours worked.
If this sounds like you, apply online now via https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/. The selection process starts from the date of advertising.
To be eligible to work at Te Whatu Ora Lakes, you must be fully vaccinated, including COVID-19.
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of 110,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.