Rehabilitation Assistant Trainee at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Allied Therapy Assistant Trainee - Rehabilitation Ward and General Areas
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki in partnership with Why Ora are offering an opportunity to apply for a Fixed term 12-months for 40 hours per week
- Do you want to work for an employer known for their focus on employee wellness?
- Would like to work with a passionate and innovative team?
- Come join us on the slopes of Taranaki Maunga.
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation (2,400 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture, view the video on our careers page.
Why Ora works collaboratively to empower Māori career and employment aspirations so that our whānau can flourish. They help Māori connect with career paths and opportunities that work for them. Register with Why Ora and make an important step towards your future career! http://www.whyora.co.nz/
About the Role
The Therapy Assistant- Inpatient Rehabilitation works with the Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Speech Language therapist in the Inpatient setting to assist therapists, or deliver a programme of intervention under the direction/supervision of the therapist. This may be through execution of an exercise programme or task, or provision of equipment. There are some admin clerical components of the role, but it largely involves face to face patient contact
Moū - About you
You will need to have: -
- A current NZ drivers licence - preferable able to drive a manual vehicle
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to provide integrated rehabilitation to clients with a diverse range of challenges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- A strong rehabilitation focus, passion for ongoing learning and development.
- Experience working in health care and a health care assistant qualification preferable
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
At Te Whatu Ora Taranaki, we believe having workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community. We are a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
When you choose to work with us, we will offer you:
- A comprehensive orientation and induction to our organisation and your department
- Access to clinical training and education
- Up to date facilities
Please click here to view the job description.
If you want to make an application click on "Apply Online" from within this page.
Closing date for applications is 2 December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.