Charge Nurse - CVICU Daily Operations at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join CV ICU as a Charge Nurse with a focus on Quality and Patient Safety
- 1 FTE permanent position based at Auckland City Hospital
- Step into leadership utilising your previous skills and experiences
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
A new opportunity has come about in our Cardiovascular ICU unit at Auckland City Hospital. Our CV ICU unit is a leading service provider of the highest level of clinical quality and standards of personalised care to all of Aotearoa’s cardiac patients. We are a 24-hour service covering both elective and acute admissions, providing our patients with intensive care for a range of procedures.
The primary purpose of this role is to effectively provide clinical support, expertise, knowledge and leadership to the Clinical Nurse Coordinators and nursing staff at the bedside at a daily operational level. The Charge Nurse will ensure rostering and skill mix meet occupancy and acuity demands and provide oversight of safe progression of patients and flow to the wards to meet scheduled production plans. They will also manage a designated team of nurses within CVICU with the Associate Nurse Unit Manager and two other Charge Nurses, being accountable for the nursing professional and practice standards. The role provides leadership to the nursing team by helping to monitor quality to ensure that care and service delivery meets the expected Te Toka Tumai standard of care and meets the needs of patients and their family/whanau.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Senior Nurse looking to step into a Charge Nurse position. Use your clinical skills and experience to lead a team and make a difference to the lives of your patients and their whanau. Don’t hesitate, apply now!
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role:
- Demonstrates critical consciousness with on-going self-reflection and self-awareness
- Understands and supports the dismantling of policies, procedures and practices that cause inequity
- Interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary Team and Service members
- Understanding of Māori Tikanga principles and application in practice with Whakawhanaungatanga being an essential expertise when engaging with tāngata māuiui, whanau and staff and at all levels
- New Zealand nursing registration, RGON, RN BHSc (Nursing)
- Postgraduate certificate/ diploma in speciality nursing practice
- Working Towards completion of master’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience post registration in cardiovascular ICU or ICU
- A commitment to achieving equitable outcomes for Māori
For more information about this role please contact Princess Marufu via PrincessM@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: 9th November 2022 at Time 5:00 pm (New Zealand standard time). We expect interviews to take place during November 2022.
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Reshma Amin, Recruitment Consultant via firstname.lastname@example.org or 021574042 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.