Team Leader - Contracts at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary $142,518 per annum
Full-time, Permanent role
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Team Leader - Contracts will be responsible for leading and managing contracts across all of Urban Development and Delivery (UDD)'s projects. The role is accountable for ensuring active and effective contract management.
The role will support and enable UDD's project delivery through contract management. It will enable UDD to manage projects through overseeing and reviewing contracts, ensuring all projects are managed in line with contract terms and resolution of contractual issues and risks across the Large Scale Projects and Greenfield & Complex Projects.
The Team Leader - Contracts supports the Manager - Commercial Infrastructure Urban Development to add value and deliver project outcomes and benefits through contract management.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Relevant professional tertiary qualifications and a minimum of 10-15 years of equivalent, directly related work experience
- Deep and extensive experience in the contract management of large infrastructure projects involving delivery across multidisciplinary teams
- Subject matter expertise in the preparation and management of contracts
- Experience working in Alliancing environments is preferred
- Experience or knowledge of contract law is preferred
- Experience working in a multi-faceted and demanding environment
- Demonstrated experience working with systems and processes to automate and lift the quality of contract management
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and apply new practices and processes to ensure continuous improvement
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to inspire exceptional performance
- Matrix organisation structure leadership experience and an ability to collaborate across an organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- The behavioural characteristics and skills required to work in a matrixed environment
- Interest in public sector structure, governance, processes and systems
- Experience navigating and operating in a regulated environment, experience working constructively across functions and track record of building and maintaining the trust of all stakeholders
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Applications close on Wednesday 30 November 2022 @ 11.55pm
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Team Leader - Contracts - PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.