Occupational Therapist/Social Worker (Part Time) Maternal Mental Team, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Part Time (0.8FTE)
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines
• New ways of working
• New opportunities
We are seeking a Registered Occupational Therapist or Social Worker to join the Maternal Mental Team, in the vibrant and culturally diverse community of South Auckland.
At Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District people and their lives matter to us. Our community based Maternal Mental Health team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist or Social Worker. Located within the Counties Manukau area, our Perinatal Services engage with women in pregnancy and the postpartum, and their whaanau, along their recovery journey. This specialist service provides assessment and treatment for this population, and skills working with families in this context would be a distinct advantage.
As an Occupational Therapist or Social worker in our team, you will support our whaiora by facilitating group sessions, assess their level of functioning, developing interventions to support recovery through meaningful participation in areas that are important to our whaiora and their whaanau. You will get to work collaboratively within our team, as well as autonomously within our model of care.
As you will be working within the unique and growing multicultural population of Counties Manukau, cultural proficiency and a willingness to learn would be an advantage. If you are looking for variety and the chance to be part of a friendly, multi-cultural and hardworking team then this could be just the role for you to show off your exceptional talents.
- Registration and an Annual Practising Certificate in Occupational Therapy or Social Work
- Full, clean driver’s licence
- Ability to work in a diverse community
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Mental Health role
- Knowledge of functional assessments and PRPP
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- Onsite professional development sessions
- Generous study allowance on top of mandatory training
- Onsite learning centre with regular training provided by overseas allied health experts
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Applications Close: 13 February 2023
Job Number: CMH07295
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.