Registered Nurse - CADS Inpatient Detoxification Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) Auckland are looking for a part-time Registered Nurse (0.5FTE) to work in our Inpatient Detoxification Service service based in Hobson Street.
CADS are the largest Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) service in New Zealand working with over 15000 people each year. CADS provide free community and inpatient AOD treatment from a number of locations across Auckland. CADS are committed to empowering the community to discover healthier use of substances (harm minimisation) and to promote recovery and wellbeing.
About the team
We are a dedicated team offering care to people withdrawing from alcohol and other drugs in an inpatient setting, working rostered duties.
We offer nurses the opportunity to develop specialist skills within a rewarding field. We have a commitment to staff development, provide free car parking and offer excellent orientation and training opportunities.
A sense of social justice and enjoying working with people in all their complexity is required. You will have a non-judgemental attitude, excellent engagement and communication skills, and an ability to work autonomously within a team. You will also have:
- Registration with New Zealand Nursing Council as an RN (comp) with PG cert in Mental Health and/or experience in Mental Health and Addiction specialty, or RPN, and a current Practicing Certificate are essential.
- Excellent nursing assessment and crisis intervention
- Demonstrate skills in liaison with other health professionals
- Knowledge of concepts of risk assessment
- Willing to work across a variety of rostered shifts including night duty
- Working for a regional service in the country’s largest DHB provides more opportunity for professional development and career progression
- 10 days sick leave and 4 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per DHB collective agreement
- Regular supervision and training
At Waitematā DHB we are driven by our values “everyone matters,” “with compassion,” “connected” and “better, best, brilliant.” We are committed to living up to these values to give you the right balance of autonomy, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
If you have an interest in the Mental Health and Addictions field please contact Keryn Wilson, Charge Nurse Manager on 09 815 5830 ext 43838. For further information on our recruitment process, please contact Anna Tiaiho, Recruitment Consultant on 09 442 7248.
To apply for this position, please do so by visiting our careers page atwww.wdhbcareers.com, quoting position number WDHB15513 or by clicking the apply button below.
For a copy of the job description, please click here.
Closing Date: 1 December 2022
Position Reference : WDHB15513
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.