Clinical Psychologist / Kaimātai Hinengaro (CAMHS) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Service: Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
Are you enthusiastic about your profession? Seeking a new challenge? Wellington CAMHS has an exciting opportunity for you as we develop our services to better meet the needs of young people (infants to 18 years old) and their whanau/family.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About Our Team
We are a passionate and enthusiastic team with a commitment to providing excellent services in assessment and intervention services with infants, children and young people alongside their whanau/ family with moderate to severe mental health concerns. We have a diverse population and are passionate in co working alongside other teams in mental health & the Community. We are dedicated as a team to improving access for young people of all ages and working together with whanau; to achieve this we operate within a Choice and Partnership Approach (CAPA). We are keen to be innovative and are developing a new team. We value a strong team culture of collaborative practice, openness, support, humour, warmth, valuing peoples experience and ideas, caring and connecting together, integrity and respect across all disciplines.
Moū ' About You
We are seeking a registered experienced Psychologist who has a passion and interest for working with infants, children and young people. An interest and experience in neurodevelopmental assessments, group work, family therapy, trauma skills, DBT, EMDR, ACT, schema Therapy will be highly valued. Ongoing training and extension of skills will be supported. You will be expected to work collaboratively and supportively with other team members ensuring provision of appropriate care. Excellent clinical and case management skills and be competent managing risk are essential. Skills and ability in working relationships within the team and wider services in the DHB and community are integral to this role.
We are seeking a registered experienced Psychologist who can bring a variety of skills and expertise including:
- Assessment and treatment of infants, children, young people and their important whanau/family relationships.
- risk assessment and management
- Group work, specific interventions according to your discipline skills.
- Contribute to the growth and work within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Liaison and collaboration with community agencies.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You will be a registered psychologist, clinical psychology registration is preferred but not essential, and current annual practicing certificate.
- Expertise in assessment and therapeutic skills and competency working with children, adolescents and their families with significant mental health difficulties.
- Confidence working with Maori, Pasifika and other cultural groups within the wider community.
- Demonstrated ability and proven ability of working within a multi-disciplinary team, skilled and committed to community liaison.
- The ideal applicant will have experience in the child and adolescent mental health sector.
- An interest or experience in group work, family therapy, and trauma would be valued.
- Current drivers license
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH320-22) in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.