District Nurse - Fixed Term - Kaikoura Healthcare at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Kaikoura
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Part Time, Fixed Term covering parental leave until September 2023
- Permanent role also available from March 2023
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC.
- Should have the ability to work rostered shifts in a multi-disciplinary team.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role will suit an experienced District/Community Nurse who displays a caring and flexible approach to patient care. You will enjoy working within a close knit team of healthcare professionals, while also at times work autonomously as you support and manage our patient - s health and wellbeing out in the wider community.
As a District Nurse you will have a case load of clients with short to long term care needs, primarily older adults or disability/spinal cord injuries and palliative care and support. This role will cover a wide variety of nursing duties as you visit patients in their homes. These will include; wound care, continence and catheter care, lab result management and palliative care with the added bonus of being exposed to clinical conditions you may not otherwise see if you were in a large hospital setting.
Ko wai koe | About You
- Is looking for a role full of variety with no two days the same - a real generalist!
- Enjoys working within the community and acting as the first point of contact for any healthcare related matters
- Committed to ensuring a high level of patient care at all times
- be committed to honouring the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- An avid multi-tasker
- An excellent team player with a can-do attitude
- Eager to continue to learn and grow within their role
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with our patients
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- NZ healthcare experience is essential
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC with no restrictions
- Rural generalist nursing experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Te Reo Māori, Tikanga Māori, Te Ao Māori is desirable
- Eligibility to work within New Zealand
This role is for up to 2 days a week as District nurse with flexibility required to cover annual leave across the team when necessary.
* Please also note we will have a permanent role available from March 2023. *
For more information on all that Kaikoura has to offer, take a look at the following link: https://www.kaikoura.co.nz/
Mō mātou - About us
From July this year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people - become part of our team.
Ngā hua - Benefits
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei - Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt - Recruitment Specialist - Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.