Taurawhiri - Cultural Advisor, Regional Forensic Psychiatry Services, Mason Clinic at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, Rangatira ma, tenei te panui ake i tenei Turanga, kua tu wātea mai hei kaimahi Māori mo Waitematā DHB. Tona taitara he: Taurawhiri
- Kaupapa Māori Stream
- Mason Clinic
- Permanent / Full Time position
Ko wai mātou: Who we are
Waitematā DHB acknowledge the way we plan and make decisions and deliver services every day is based on our values of everyone matters; with compassion; better, best, brilliant and connected.
The Mason Clinic’s vision, mission and values are inclusive; founded on a therapeutic commitment to patients, whānau and the community. Mason Clinic is a secure unit, located in Point Chevalier and provides integrated forensic mental health services to the northern region’s courts, prisons and general mental health services
The service catchment area for general mental illness is from the Bombay Hills to the top of the North. Offenders with an intellectual disability catchment are from Taupō to the top of the North Island.
This position will be based in our Kaupapa Māori Unit, Te AKA. Te AKA is a medium secure unit that is a mixed gender unit.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
The role will include:
- Providing comprehensive cultural assessments, intervention, and recommendations for Māori Tangata Whai Ora living within RFPS Mason Clinic.
- Deliver Tikanga Oranga/Cultural Assessments using Te Whare Tapa model of care, where appropriate providing recommendations on appropriate Māori cultural and clinical interventions
- To provide a holistic and indigenous Kaupapa Māori learning environment that supports traditional Māori principles and values
Ngā He korero mōu: What we are looking for
To ensure service delivery and outcomes are meet you will need;
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga
- Strong understanding of the importance of and meaning of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Knowledge of Māori Health models
- Experience in working with tangata whai ora
- Knowledge and practice of working with Māori whānau, iwi, hapū
If this sounds like you we welcome your application.
To view a copy of the Position Description click here
For any queries regarding the role please contact our Charge Nurse Manager, Zita Dick on 09 845 7531. For queries regarding recruitment please contact our Recruitment Consultant, Anna Tiaiho on 09 442 7248 or email@example.com
Job Number: WDHB15083
Closing Date: 5 December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.