Alcohol and Drug Clinician 1FTE - CADS North Auckland at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Based in Takapuna
- 1FTE permanent role
Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) Auckland are looking for permanent full-time AOD clinicians to work across our services within the Auckland Region.
CADS is the largest Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) service in New Zealand working with over 15000 people each year. CADS provide free community and inpatient AOD treatment from a number of locations across Auckland. CADS are committed to empowering the community to discover healthier use of substances (harm minimisation) and to promote recovery and wellbeing.
A sense of social justice and enjoying working with people in all their complexity is required. You will have a non-judgemental attitude, excellent engagement and communication skills, and an ability to work autonomously within a team. You will also have:
- Full registration with professional body (dapaanz , nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy or related fields)
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Legal right to work in NZ
- Ability to implement Te Tiriti O Waitangi in your daily work
- Ability to facilitate evening groups
- Clinical experience in addictions or mental health or similar e.g. opioid substitution treatment, managed withdrawal/ detox
- Comfortable working in a range of settings including probation, prisons, and NGOs
- Comfortable working with other health and social service providers
- Lived experience as a consumer or whanau member
- Experience in group facilitation
- Working for a regional service in the country’s largest DHB provides more opportunity for professional development and career progression
- 10 days sick leave and 4 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per DHB collective agreement
- Regular supervision and training
At Waitematā DHB we are driven by our values “everyone matters,” “with compassion,” “connected” and “better, best, brilliant.” We are committed to living up to these values to give you the right balance of autonomy, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
For any recruitment process related queries, please call Anna Tiaiho, Recruitment Consultant for Mental Health, on (09) 442 7248.
Please click here for a copy of the job description.
Please apply for this role by visiting our website at www.wdhbcareers.com, quoting reference number WDHB15450 or click the “apply now” button on this page.
Job Number: WDHB15450
Closing date: 9 December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.