Public Health Nurse - Greymouth at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, Greymouth
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Part-time Registered Nurse with a current APC & full drivers licence
- Skilled Registered Nurse who is forward thinking and has a passion for improving health outcomes
- A Well Child Certificate is highly desirable but not essential
- Authorised Vaccinator
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga - About the role
- Part-time 0.5FTE position available
- Working with the wider Public Health team to ensure standards & requirements are met
- Teaching and educating both patients and community on public health matters
- Building and developing key relationships with community stakeholders such as schools and community organisations
This independent role is ideal for a skilled RN who is wanting to make a real difference to the community they work within. You will be driving for continuous improvement and the development of new & improved processes to ensure equity across population groups through understanding health approaches and the impact of the social determinants of health. Patients will always be at the centre of the best care possible. Of course, you will supported by both Public Health and Central region management throughout this process. There will also be occasional travel to other districts within the West Coast to support colleagues.
Ko wai koe - About You
- Be able to be very autonomous and self-directed
- Good knowledge of the West Coast population and groups within it
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child and family health as well as vulnerable children
- Have a passion for working with children and adolescents
Mō mātou ' About us
From July this year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people ' become part of our team.
Ngā hua ' Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei ' Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt ' Recruitment Specialist ' Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.