Principal Communications Advisor at Ministry for Women, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Fixed-term - 12 months - Wellington, full-time (38 hours per week)
Do you want to work for an organisation focused on making a difference to the lives of wāhine women and kōtiro girls? We are looking for an experienced communications all-rounder to make an impact as part of a small team.
- Bring your excellent communication skills and strategic nous to enhance our communications
- Use your innovative and creative approach to tell the story of our mahi
- Work on a variety of interesting projects, both locally and internationally to make an impact
Manatū Wāhine Ministry for Women is the Government's principal advisor on improving the lives of wāhine women and kōtiro girls in Aotearoa New Zealand. We provide system leadership, working across government and with partners to improve outcomes for wāhine women and kōtiro girls.
Our people are crucial to achieving the strategic outcomes we are seeking. We are looking for an experienced communications professional with a proven track record of delivery to join our team and help us deliver for women.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi - About this role
The Principal Communications Advisor partners with senior leaders and their teams to provide communications and engagement expertise, supporting the delivery of the Ministry's strategic objectives and organisational goals. You will provide advice on both internal and external communication strategies and apply your experience across a broad range of communications' channels and events. You will show a commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ideally have experience in communicating with Māori, Pacific, and diverse communities.
We are open to inter-agency secondments and happy to support discussions with applicants home agencies.
Ko koe tēnei - About you
For this role you will be:
- A strategic thinker who works well with others to develop sound planning and advice
- An excellent writer who can produce compelling content across a range of channels
- Experienced with media and managing competing priorities
- Knowledgeable in the machinery of government including experience with ministerial relationships
- Someone who builds strong partner relationships and internal relationships with colleagues
- Keen to support the wider public engagement and events function of the team
- Sensitive to different cultural values and particular needs of wāhine and kōtiro Māori as well as other diverse groups
- Knowledgeable in the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, for public service operations
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
The salary range for a Principal Communications Advisor role is $115,023 to $146,283. A copy of the full job description and application form can be found on the intranet. To find out more about Manatū Wāhine and what we do, please view women.govt.nz.
To apply for this position, send the completed application form, a covering letter which outlines why you are interested in the role, and your CV which highlights your skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role to the Director, Communications and Engagement via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 12pm on Wednesday, 30 November 2022.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in, if you are interested, please get in your application in as soon as possible.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values inclusion, diversity and accessibility. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us to improve outcomes for wāhine women and kōtiro girls. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
If you would like us to consider a flexible working arrangement, please let us know how that might best work for you as part of your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Women|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.