Matanga Kohi Raraunga | Data Collection Specialist - Gisborne (Part-time) at Statistics NZ, Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent Part time
Do you enjoy interacting with people from all 'walks of life'? Want a meaningful role? Enjoy getting out and about along with the flexibility and variety of having work from home options?
- Control your hours to suit your life with a guaranteed minimum of 37.5 hours per fortnight
- Flexible working hours including some weekends and evenings
- No cold calling/canvassing or sales involved
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health, and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $ 24.34/hour + superannuation
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
Te tūnga | The role
As a Data Collection Specialist, you will report to a Team Leader Data Collection and work in close partnership with other Data Collection teams, to build relationships with the business and social communities of Aotearoa, enabling collection of data from all types of respondents via their channel of choice. The role is about providing a great user experience for respondents - one that builds trust, is seamless, convenient, safe and recognises their contribution to Aotearoa.
The role has two key components. Firstly, it involves visiting selected households to conduct face-to-face interviews. The second requires calling or e-mailing selected businesses and/or households to conduct interviews via a channel of their choice and provide precontact support. We will set you up to work from home, and provide you with the equipment, training, and on-going support you need to succeed and remain safe while carrying out your work.
We guarantee a minimum of 37.5 hours work per fortnight, but from time to time, there is more work available. This is a role in which hours will vary, and it includes evening as well as weekend work when required.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., whanau, church, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following information in your cover letter and CV relating to:
- You will have access to fast and reliable internet service at home, which will be used for work-related activity
- Have a current and full driver's licence and a reliable road worthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Strong customer focus, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible to work at times that suit survey participants, which may include evenings and weekends
- Attention to detail and high-quality output
- Knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- Develop knowledge of local areas and connection to different social, cultural, or business groups
- Digital and technical literacy and good time management skills
- Collaborates effectively with other teams, self-motivated, and keen to develop new skills
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning.
Please reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
We encourage you to go to our careers site to learn more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Background and various pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Data Collection Specialist - January 2022 .pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.