Platforms Manager at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Technology Services and Solutions
Branch: Organisational Capability and' Services
Salary: $110,312 - $149,245
The Department of Internal Affairs / Te Tari Taiwhenua serves and connects people, communities, and government to build a safe, prosperous, and respected nation. We are a strong organisation with a proud history and an exciting future. The Department is a recognised leader in public service - known for innovation, essential to New Zealanders, and trusted to deliver.
About the role:
As the Product Manager for the Platforms Team, you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple platform technology products and set the direction for the technology products in collaboration with key stakeholders across business groups in DIA to support business goals aligned to the industry's and DIA's best practices. You will also be responsible for continually improving the technology product portfolio and delivering secure, high-quality, and high-value outcomes for DIA. On behalf of the portfolio, you will lead engagement across all of DIA and other agencies and ensure that the increase in the uptake of technology products is sustainable and can be fully supported.
- Ensure an understanding of technology and current market trends and insights to identify opportunities.
- Identify user and business group needs and develop solutions, including policies and guidelines, standards, and processes, considering cost recovery targets.
- Own the lifecycle of the assigned technology product sets in the portfolio and develop and maintain product roadmaps reflecting all aspects, including Architectural input, while maintaining budget oversight.
- Develop and communicate the product vision and roadmap and define features of the portfolio and its products.
- Provide input into delivery programmes and projects and develop acceptance criteria for the initiatives in conjunction with the customers and Delivery Manager,
- Monitor and report progress against the work plan, including key achievement reporting.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the marketing and communications plan for products within the portfolio and provide subject matter expert advice and advocacy to support awareness and uptake of the platforms.
- Experience in supporting and advising on technologies within the government.
- Demonstrable experience in working with and influencing senior managers, providing them with high-quality advice, including briefings and papers for decision-making
- Experience in developing and promoting technology products across business groups and organisations.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen based on sales and product delivery.
- Proven experience in IT product management
- Proven experience in managing delivery with multiple teams
- Proven experience in Agile delivery methodology
- Proven DevSecOps experience
- Subject matter expert in a range of digital platforms and technologies
- Customer and market knowledge sufficient to understand customer wants and needs.
- Familiar with Agile project management methodology.
- Understanding of the machinery of government.
- Proven experience in matrix management or a willingness to learn.
- A tertiary qualification and equivalent industry qualifications or equivalent experience
What's in it for you?
We are a dynamic organisation which offers great career opportunities. Our team is supportive and passionate about Customer Service, and we encourage diversity of thought and knowledge sharing. We work hard to make this a great place to work - A great team dynamic, fast paced work and an opportunity to work across a diverse range of service lines. We are a family friendly organisation, and we strongly believe in work life balance, and this is practiced with a range of flexible work options to meet your whānau and life commitments as well as a wide range of wellbeing initiatives.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 2 December 2022.
For more information please contact: Greg Hart, Greg.Hart@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job descri'ption, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.