Performance and Risk Manager at NZ Police, Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Performance and Risk Manager, it starts with you!
- Based at Police National Headquarters, Wellington
- Salary starting from $102,178
- Police Employee
- Permanent, full time
- Nationally Advertised Vacancy
- JR 4432900
About the role
We are looking for an engaged, and proactive, individual to join the Service Group as a Risk and Performance Manager.
The successful candidate will be someone who can effectively engage with all levels of staff, collaborate ideas and ensure that performance is in line with Service Group’s deliverables.
You will be agile in both leading performance reporting and evaluation and leading a broad and remote team.
- Risk and Performance Management – Proven ability to identify and resolve all potential areas of strategic, organisational, operational and environmental risk to the group
- Partnership / Stakeholders – Experienced in building and maintaining effective and collaborative relationships, both internally and externally.
- Continuous Improvement - Having the experience to foster and encourage innovative and diverse approaches.
- Developing Culture – Ability to create a performance culture that encourages and empowers staff and maximises their contribution
- Displaying Whakaako leadership – Ability to further educate and grow our people to deliver the best service.
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- A high level of computer literacy in the use of statistical software packages, dashboard creation on software platforms including data manipulation.
- Experience extracting data and presenting insightful analytics for operational decision making.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with credibility, to key stakeholders.
- Proven experience developing and establishing performance measures, key performance indicators and methodologies in an operational environment.
- Good relationship management skills to build purposeful relationships.
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Team Leader/Manager level, this means your key purpose is “to lead the activities for Our Business and enable people to deliver them.”
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 30th November 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Police & emergency services|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.