Enrolled Nurse - Community Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you want to make a real difference in your community?
- Are you a team player who is flexible and enjoys working within a team?
- Ideal opportunity to join Te Toka Tumai’s District Nursing team and be responsible for "lifting the health of the people of Auckland"
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora, Te Toka Tumai, Auckland Hospital. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Our District Nursing unit, part of the Community and Long-Term Conditions Directorate at Te Toku Tumai Auckland, is seeking enthusiastic, reliable, Enrolled Nurses with a can-do attitude and recent acute experience to deliver excellent nursing care within our new model of care to join our skilled team.
You will be working alongside an RN within our district nursing clinics, and you will have the opportunity to care for people in their own homes. We offer a comprehensive orientation and ongoing training:
- Delivering patient-centric and a holistic approach to care
- Specialised wound care, including leg ulcer assessment and treatment
- Assistance with the management of intravenous medication, urinary and suprapubic catheters, continence issues, stoma care, injections - including rheumatic fever prophylaxis
- ACC nursing care
- Education and advice for clients around their healthcare needs or illness
- And a wide variety of other nursing needs including palliative care.
- Working with our specialist nursing teams
Come and join our team now! Ride the wave of primary care expansion over the next decade. Provide more care in patient’s home while being supported by IT and care technologies and be a leader of care in the home.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be considered for this role:
- You must be registered with the New Zealand Nursing Council with a current APC
- Have a full and clean New Zealand driver’s licence.
- Experience in community nursing is desirable but we are able to offer support and education for those nurses new to community nursing.
For more information about this role please contact Jane Campbell, Charge Nurse Manager via JaneCa2@adhb.govt.nz or call on 021743492
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai.
Our team will provide a thorough orientation as well as good support and training to give you the confidence to carry out your role.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Candida Hall, Recruitment Consultant on email: CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz to discuss how we can best support your application.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (NZ Nursing MECA)
Salary range based on experience: $54 432 - $62 847 based on experience.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.